Humble Bundle's 2020 Cybersecurity Books

For years, Humble Bundle has been selling great books at a "pay what you can afford" model. This month, they're featuring as many as nineteen cybersecurity books for as little as $1, including four of mine. These are digital copies, all DRM-free. Part of the money goes to support the EFF or Let's Encrypt. (The default is 15%, and you can change that.) As an EFF board member, I know that we've received a substantial amount from this program in previous years.

Posted on February 28, 2020 at 1:53 PM • 10 Comments

Comments

Wesley ParishFebruary 28, 2020 6:28 PM

Don't have PayPal. What other mechanisms do they have to ensure that they receive the payments I might want to make? International debit card?

And of course, how secure are such mechanisms?

Clive RobinsonFebruary 28, 2020 10:59 PM

@ All,

With regards a blog page of a couple of days ago about the power of "Class Action"...

I had a look at the websites legal page and what did I find almost at the top,

THESE TERMS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.

I quote the above under the doctrine of "fair use" for "fair comment" if not that of irony and a little satire ;-)

Wishing all a cheerful weekend that hopefully starts with a smile.

Windows 8 Product KeyFebruary 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Microsoft launched the Windows 8 OS in October 2012 publicly available to the users. The launch of the Windows 8 product key had a large change within the program compared to any or all the older versions of the Windows OS. Many new features were also launched that weren't available for Windows 7 or older versions and also the OS became in huge demand in 2013. It’s 2019 but still, there are many proud users of Windows 8 and new joiners too. So, today I'll facilitate yours with the activation of Windows 8 using Product Key.

metaschimaFebruary 29, 2020 4:11 PM

Thanks for informing us about the bundle. I used to buy the humble games bundle, I didn't know they had a Cybersecurity bundle. I went ahead and bought it and it's a great deal. I already had some of these, but most are new and very interesting.

TRXMarch 2, 2020 5:19 PM

Sooo... the page ends with a buttons to click for various payment methods, but it fails to tell me what I'm getting and how I'm supposed to get it. A download link for .epubs or .pdfs? A proprietary file that can only be downloaded and read on a Nook?

You'd think that after a quarter-century of e-commerce, vendors would have learned better than "get their payment first, then tell them what they get." Because once again, it lost a sale.

DroneMarch 2, 2020 9:19 PM

I appreciate what Humble Bundle seems to be doing, but it is such a PITA to deal with their Web site! Waaay too much scripting BLOAT. Nasty Google RECAPTCHAs sprinkled around. I have to jump through a verify-account Email hoop every time I log in to purchase. The only way I can get a PayPal transaction to work with their site is for me to be logged in to my PayPal account simultaneously in a separate tab. On and on... I've tried conveying my displeasure with all this several times directly to Humble Bundle in the past; not a peep in return and no changes observed. Let's hope they read this comment. So c'mon Humble Bundle, good site design is about ease of use plus common sense security, not draconian defense and showing off how much you can do. Dumb it down - a lot!

metaschimaMarch 3, 2020 4:43 AM

@TRX

All books are available as regular PDF, but some also have EPUB, PRC, and MOBI. I don't know what the last two are off the top of my head. There is also a DVD in a zip file. I downloaded the PDFs, just because that's what I prefer.

VeryApril 27, 2020 5:30 PM

Speaking of books on cybersecurity, this is now one of the key issues, I even wrote a term paper about it. But let me tell you a secret, it was very difficult because there's almost no information about it. I even had to contact professionals from BestWritersOnline so that they could prepare this information for me. They somehow managed to find the necessary data. That's why I thought that even if they could write an amazing coursework on cyber security, they could definitely write about anything. This is a really top level, so I recommend anyone who has problems writing a term paper, these guys will definitely help you!

Aolmail.comJune 25, 2020 11:44 AM

Thank you for notifying us. I'd like to obtain the modest games package, '' I did not understand they'd a cyber-security package. I purchased and moved ahead plus it is really a significant thing. I had any of them, however many are intriguing and brand fresh.