NSA Forms

They're all here:

Via a Freedom of Information Act request (which involved paying $700 and waiting almost 4 years), The Memory Hole has obtained blank copies of most forms used by the National Security Agency.

Most are not very interesting, but I agree with Russ Kick:

They range from the exotic to the pedestrian, but even the most prosaic form shines some light into the workings of No Such Agency.

Posted on August 6, 2008 at 7:26 AM • 23 Comments

Comments

D0RAugust 6, 2008 8:21 AM

I like the purpose of TheMemoryHole.org:

"The Memory Hole exists to preserve and spread material that is in danger of being lost, is hard to find, or is not widely known. [...] The emphasis is on material that exposes things that we’re not supposed to know (or that we’re supposed to forget)."

(from the About page)

AnonymousAugust 6, 2008 11:40 AM

@Angel One

Seconded, for sure. These are about as revealing/interesting as reading my 1040 tax forms. What a waste of $700.00...

Look carefullyAugust 6, 2008 12:48 PM

@Angel One

I, for one, found some of them interesting. There are some tidbits to be had. If nothing else, various terms and acronyms used, and the redactions are interesting.

Angel oneAugust 6, 2008 1:00 PM

If you found them interesting then don't let me stop you from enjoying yourself. I'll be outside watching the grass grow.

RedfoxAugust 6, 2008 1:16 PM

Someone has to send Russ Kick an T-Shirt with the inscription:

"I spend 700 Bucks and waited 4 years to get some confidential files from the NSA via the Freedom of Information Act... and all i got was a bunch of boring froms"

P.S.: Site is up again.

Ross SniderAugust 6, 2008 2:07 PM

Well, more important than the PDFs they obtained and the information that can be garnered from it, The Freedom of Information Act is being excersized (I can't spell it because I don't do it that often ;-)).

It's one thing to have legislation, its another to have legislation be in effect.

Nobody found the checkbox stuff interesting? How much information they want to collect about the mental health and stability of your children (for example)?

AndrewAugust 6, 2008 2:38 PM

I found the physical security forms fascinating and informative. Grist for future classes, certainly.

ADHDAugust 6, 2008 4:22 PM

"Have you ever been treated by a mental health professional?"

Yes -> Goodbye.
No -> Liar.

ZaD MoFoAugust 7, 2008 12:06 PM

- Board of Confusion
The fabulous cryptome.org pointed at them before...
Inded exotic thoses forms. Print them. They do a great wallpaper!