Department of Homeland Security Research Solicitation
Lots of good stuff. The nine research areas:
- Botnets and Other Malware: Detection and Mitigation
- Composable and Scalable Secure Systems
- Cyber Security Metrics
- Network Data Visualization for Information Assurance
- Internet Tomography/Topography
- Routing Security Management Tool
- Process Control System Security
- Data Anonymization Tools and Techniques
- Insider Threat Detection and Mitigation
And this implies they've accepted the problem:
Cyber attacks are increasing in frequency and impact. Even though these attacks have not yet had a significant impact on our Nation's critical infrastructures, they have demonstrated that extensive vulnerabilities exist in information systems and networks, with the potential for serious damage. The effects of a successful cyber attack might include: serious consequences for major economic and industrial sectors, threats to infrastructure elements such as electric power, and disruption of the response and communications capabilities of first responders.
It's good to see research money going to this stuff.
Posted on June 6, 2007 at 6:07 AM • 19 Comments