Amazon Chooses Data and Goliath as a Best Book of 2015

Amazon chose Data and Goliath as one of its Best Books of 2015, in both the nonfiction and business categories.

Posted on November 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM • 22 Comments

Comments

Jonathan WilsonNovember 13, 2015 3:35 PM

Its on my list of books that I will read once I can track down a copy (shipping costs to Australia from Amazon are too high to be worth ordering from there)

Ed HurstNovember 13, 2015 3:53 PM

I'm not familiar with Amazon's requirements because I use a different publisher for my ebooks, but I have to wonder if Bruce couldn't sell anyone a copy directly in any electronic format. I've emailed plenty of my books that way.

Sire SnarkNovember 13, 2015 9:19 PM

On what Data did Amazon the Goliath base this on?

It must have been darn good data.

Bruce SchneierNovember 13, 2015 10:03 PM

"On what Data did Amazon the Goliath base this on?"

That's a good question. It's not sales. I believe it's an editorial decision.

Sire SnarkNovember 14, 2015 6:46 AM

"On What Data..."

In that case it truly is the raw data, actually reading the book. No Big Data needed. Proof that sometimes you need the context and not just the sales metadata. Didn't know that still happened,

Great audiobook for my frequent roadtrips.

albertNovember 14, 2015 12:05 PM

@Bruce,
You did an excellent job in creating a work that non-tech folks can understand.

Accolades well deserved!

But I'll still be on you for going too easy on LE :)

. .. . .. _ _ _ ....

b0bNovember 14, 2015 1:02 PM

On by bookshelf, not read yet, but definitely very excited to start reading it.
Thanks Bruce.

UnbobNovember 14, 2015 11:31 PM

Congratulations Bruce! Data and Goliath is a fantastic book and I've recommended it to many after I read it.

stay-fuftNovember 15, 2015 12:59 PM

Congratulations.
I owe you a review for a previous book which disappeared into one of many cardboard boxes, but did just finish this one, for which I will post a review. I don't consider it a complete penance, only a start.
I found it a good, well-paced read, and will inform family and peers.