Possibly the Most Incompetent TSA Story Yet
- TSA screener finds two pipes in passenger's bags.
- Screener determines that they're not a threat.
- Screener confiscates them anyway, because of their "material and appearance."
- Because they're not actually a threat, screener leaves them at the checkpoint.
- Everyone forgets about them.
- Six hours later, the next shift of TSA screeners notices the pipes and -- not being able to explain how they got there and, presumably, because of their "material and appearance" -- calls the police bomb squad to remove the pipes.
- TSA does not evacuate the airport, or even close the checkpoint, because -- well, we don't know why.
I don't even know where to begin.
Posted on January 31, 2012 at 5:03 PM • 81 Comments