Workshop on Economics of Information Security

I'm at the 8th Workshop on Economics and Information Security at University College London (field trip to see Jeremy Bentham). Ross Anderson is liveblogging the event.

I wrote about WEIS 2006 back in 2006.

Posted on June 24, 2009 at 6:45 AM • 9 Comments

Comments

Paul RenaultJune 24, 2009 4:09 PM

Re.: Jeremy Bentham:

Oh, the English. Such wonderful eccentricities!
I wish I was, now, there too
Sumer is icumen in,
Lhude sing cuccu!
GroweĆ¾ sed and bloweĆ¾ med

Clive RobinsonJune 24, 2009 5:22 PM

@ Bruce,

If I'd known you where going to be at UCL I'd have invited you to a cup of tea.

Out of curiosity was "jeremy" in his box, or at the head of the table?

Bruce SchneierJune 25, 2009 5:29 AM

@ Clive Robinson

I'm still in London; e-mail me.

"Out of curiosity was 'jeremy; in his box, or at the head of the table?"

The head is now stored in a safe; students from rival King's College kept stealing it as a prank.

jimJune 25, 2009 8:40 AM

The real head is kept in a safe; there's a wax model atop the body in the box, which is probably preferable to keeping the headless corpse of your founder on display (well, the _obviously_ headless corpse, anyway).

He has a pub named after him nearby, as well. I seem to recall it did a decent pint of Old Peculier back in the day.

Clive RobinsonJune 25, 2009 12:19 PM

@ Jim

"I seem to recall it did a decent pint of Old Peculier back in the day."

There's quite a few pubs around UCL due to the student's oh and with UCH's highrise there as well there's more than one thirsty doctor or two ;)

I must admit though that whenever I go into a pub that has old or bishop or one or to other fine ales I get the "Homer simpson voice in my head going "ahhhr beerrr..."

Davi OttenheimerJune 25, 2009 1:30 PM

"...students from rival King's College kept stealing it as a prank."

Oh, you know what they say about those King's College pranksters: Always trying to keep ahead.

jimJune 26, 2009 7:39 AM

Mmmm, beeer...

As it happens, I was at UCL for an unrelated lecture yesterday evening. I did see several people who might have been conference-goers, but none of them looked like Bruce, so I didn't introduce myself. Not that I'm a cryptography groupie, or anything ;)