Gorilla Detector

From Muppet Labs:

How many times have you awakened at night in the dark and said to yourself..."Is there a gorilla in here?" And how many people do you know whose vacations were ruined because they were eaten by undetected gorillas?

Posted on March 27, 2009 at 1:17 PM • 17 Comments

Comments

Rich RumbleMarch 27, 2009 1:36 PM

What did that have to do with Squid... isn't friday dedicated to "cool" things squid related/themed :) I searched for muppet+squid and was dissapointed, came back with fishing lures and a (British?) show I never heard of...

MoMarch 27, 2009 2:12 PM

I love how the detector worked - but only AFTER Dr. Bunsen was carried off by the gorilla. Technically, it was a successful gorilla detection.

Karl LembkeMarch 27, 2009 2:24 PM

> How many times have you
> awakened at night in the dark
> and said to yourself..."Is there
> a gorilla in here?"

Only once, but it turned out to be the gorilla my dreams.

Tangerine BlueMarch 27, 2009 2:32 PM

> it turned out to be the gorilla my dreams.

A somewhat friendlier way for two flesh to become one.

Darth WaderMarch 27, 2009 3:50 PM

It was not a gorilla. It was so obviously fake -- a giant squid in a gorilla suit.

BetaMarch 27, 2009 4:40 PM

Everybody knows it’s just a ploy by the gorilla suit companies to sell their products.

John ClaytonMarch 29, 2009 12:49 PM

@notagorilla
"But will it detect that I left my baby in the car?"

Only if it's a baby gorilla.

dot tilde dotMarch 30, 2009 4:57 AM

they should collaborate with those people doing the combat robot ethics stuff, there was some detection involved in that story, too...

.~.

sooth sayerMarch 30, 2009 7:47 AM

I don't know .. but people in the news media routinely see an "800 pound Gorilla" in the room.

Paul JohnsonMarch 31, 2009 6:28 AM

I think Jim Henson missed the bet on this one: the alarm should have gone off when the gorilla appeared, but Doctor Bunsen interpreted this as a false alarm, and was so busy trying to fix it that he failed to notice the gorilla.