Comments

antibozoDecember 26, 2007 2:48 PM

Excellent! I think "Holy Schneier" is far superior to the "oy gevaldik" suggested on Ed Felten's blog earlier this year. :^)

Joe in AustraliaDecember 26, 2007 5:09 PM

Holy Schneier, father of security, maintain our firewall rules now and in the hour of our hacking, amen.

AnonymousDecember 26, 2007 7:39 PM

Holy Schneier is my new phrase to chrarakterise my amazement about very complicated things that I dont understand. Like houston-salad or two-fish ;-)

Howard TaylerDecember 26, 2007 7:41 PM

At some point I'll be adding a footnote to the strip that points out how the exclamation is typically only used in situations where one has just learned something one wishes one had not.

Sorry to take your name in vain. That's not a form of identity theft, is it? ;-)

SeanDecember 26, 2007 10:25 PM

As Howard points out, it would have or should have been used for example when TJ Maxx discovered that due to bad or no implementation of encryption, a lot of credit card horses got out of the barn. Ouch!

cDecember 27, 2007 1:34 AM

When I forget Bruce's family name is spelled, google for "bruce security". And this blog is the first result. So "security" can be considered as a part of full name as well. ;)

AlexJanuary 2, 2008 9:39 AM

That's funny indeed. I wonder whether this thing will manage to break out and be used by non-security (and non-IT, non-math, etc) folk.

I was expecting your popularity to grow after the "Bruce Schneier facts" meme showed up (since Chuck Norris paved the way :-). But take a look at this: http://www.google.com/trends?...

None of the spikes on the graph is caused by the "facts".