News Tagged "Paul Harris"
Page 1 of 1
Bruce Schneier spoke with Paul Harris about his new book, Data and Goliath. Topics include:
- Are we giving up too much information voluntarily in exchange for free services?
- What are data brokers gathering about us, who are they selling it to?
- Are private companies doing enough to shield our data from government?
- How companies and law enforcement can use your cell phone to know where you’ll be tomorrow.
- Whether the NSA can process the huge amounts of surveillance info it is gathering on all of us.
- The war on terror as an excuse to get into anyone’s computer, and its chilling effect on free speech and thought…
Bruce Schneier joined Paul Harris to talk about whether we are in fact safer with current airport procedures than those before 9/11 and whether government and private industry are doing enough to harden security at possible terrorist targets like nuclear and chemical plants. They also talked about technology’s role in global security (e.g. whether Google Earth deserved the criticism after investigators found that the terrorists who shot up Mumbai in November had used the imaging information to plan their attack), and about the restrictions on taking liquids onto commercial flights — the 3.5-ounce rule — and whether there is any proof that a terrorist could construct a bomb from two liquids they mixed in an airplane lavatory…
Sidebar photo of Bruce Schneier by Joe MacInnis.