Products that Use Twofish
This list is a compilation of encryption products that use the Twofish encryption algorithm. Counterpane has not verified that Twofish has been implemented properly, nor have we evaluated the security of these products. Readers are cautioned that there is more to creating a secure product than having a secure algorithm; for details read the essays Why Cryptography is Harder Than it Looks and Security Pitfalls in Cryptography. The listing of a product here is not an endorsement in any way. Some settling of contents may have occured during shipping. Keep off the grass.
- 96Crypt by eRightSoft
- A file and folder encryption/decryption program.
- Advanced Encryption Package Professional
- File encryption software for Windows. Supports Blowfish, Twofish, AES, and other algorithms.
- Away32 Deluxe and Away IDS Deluxe by BMC Engineering
- File and folder encryption for Windows.
- BestCrypt by Jetico
- Creates virtual encrypted drives, encrypts whole partitions, or creates compressed archives, which can be self-extracting. Offers Blowfish and Twofish encryption.
- Bassline WinPopUp
- An Internet messenger program.
- Steganography with a selection of algorithms, including Blowfish and Twofish.
- Bouncy Castle Crypto APIs
- A Java implementation of cryptographic algorithms, including Blowfish and Twofish. The package contains a light-weight API suitable for use in any environment, with the additional infrastructure to conform the algorithms to the JCE framework.
- Calendar software for Windows that uses Twofish to encrypt all data.
- cryptcat by Farm9
- A Twofish-encrypted version of the L0pht's netcat program. It allows simple encrypted tunnels to be generated between machines, across the Internet and, in some cases, through firewalls. Free and open source.
- Cryptex Privacy Vault
- A personal data vault for the Android operating system. Uses Twofish, Threefish, and Skein.
- A free set of cryptographic extensions for Java, including both Blowfish and Twofish.
- Crypto++ by Wei Dai
- A free C++ class library of cryptographic schemes. Includes both Blowfish and Twofish.
- Crypto Anywhere by Bytefusion
- An e-mail encryption program small enough to fit on a single floppy. Free for noncommercial use.
- CryptPak by Markus Hahn
- An engine for symmetric encryption and support routines on Win32 systems. Includes Blowfish, Twofish, and Yarrow. The package includes sources and demos in C/C++, Delphi, Visual Basic and Visual FoxPro, library files (COFF format) and DLLs.
- CuteZIP by GlobalSCAPE
- File compression and audio ripping. Uses 128-bit Twofish.
- The CyberAngel Security Software
- Secure virtual drive software for Windows.
- Cypher Millennium
- File and e-mail encryption, compatible with any mailer application and file type.
- DigiSecret by TamoSoft
- A Windows application for creating encrypted archives and self-extracting EXE files, shredding, and file sharing over the Internet.
- DigiShield by LC Technology International
- An encryption tool for removable media.
- DiskISE by Quantum Digital Security
- An encrypted virtual drive program for Windows. Uses Rijndael, Blowfish and Twofish.
- dlb (Digital Lecture Board) by Lehrstuhl Praktische Informatik IV, University of Mannheim
- A network whiteboard system.
- dozeCrypt by NeuralAbyss Software
- File encryption for Windows, with a system tray area launcher. Uses Blowfish and Twofish, along with several other algorithms.
- Drag'n'Crypt Ultra by Hans Joachim Schlingensief
- File encryption for Windows.
- FiveLoaves by Brian Aberle
- Free, open-source secure connectivity software.
- A free, open-source archiver with console and GUI versions for both Windows and Linux.
- FoxTrot by Roth Systems
- An HTTP server designed as a professional application server. With FoxTrot you can execute SQL commands directly from the browser's Address line. Allows secure transactions using Twofish.
- The Gnu Privacy Guard is a full replacement for PGP that supports Blowfish and Twofish as well as many other algorithms.
- GSMK CryptoPhone G10i
- A GSM mobile phone. Uses AES256 and Twofish.
- Head Case by AcmeBarGig
- A suite of virtual guitar and bass amplifiers for PC.
- Strong authentication software. Uses 256-bit Twofish with static and dynamic 3072-bit Diffie-Hellman key exchanges to protect its intermodule communication traffic.
- A free, open-source password manager.
- Kryptel by INV Softworks
- File and folder encryption for Windows.
- LSH by Niels Möller
- A free replacement for SSH2.
- A replacement for crypt(1), released under the GNU General Public License. Supports both Blowfish and Twofish.
- Message Vault by Comaxis
- Message Vault - An email archiving utility that provides encryption and compression.
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Uses Blowfish for password encryption and Twofish for encrypted partitions.
- Only You by Jela Co Inc.
- Encryption using personal entropy instead of passwords.
- Password Creator Professional by Michael Koszenski
- Uses Twofish to store lists of randomly generated passwords.
- An open-source archive file creator and extractor. Offers a choice of encryption algorithms, including Blowfish and Twofish.
- Encryption solutions including a software development kit and disk, e-mail, and network file encryption applications.
- PhotoEncrypt by ZXN Corporation
- An encrypted image database that uses both Blowfish and Twofish.
- Polar Crypto by Polar Software
- An ActiveX component that allows you to easily include powerful encryption and decryption features in your applications.
- XPDFViewer by Frank Siegert
- X-PDFBrowser allows any file to be embedded into a PDF file as an attachment. Twofish is used for the optional content encryption modes. Freeware for personal and edu use.
- PureNoise by PureNoise Ltd.
- Encryption for chat and instant messaging programs.
- Qilan by CommonGround Softworks
- A visual, drag-and-drop language for building database applications. "Encrypt" and "decrypt" abacus expressions using Twofish were added in Qilan 2.0. For Macintosh.
- File encryption for Windows.
- SecureCRT by Van Dyke Technologies, Inc.
- A Secure Shell (SSH) client for Windows.
- Secure Information Courier, SecExMail, and SecExFile by Bytefusion
- Secure Information Courier allows visitors to your website to send secure e-mail to your organization. SecExMail provides transparent e-mail encryption, while SecExFile provides one-click file encryption.
- SecurePad by NeuralAbyss Software
- Offers a secure alternative to Windows' Notepad and WordPad. Uses Blowfish and Twofish along with several other algorithms.
- Sentry NT/2000/XP by SoftWinter
- On-the-fly disk encryption.
- Silver Key by INV Softworks
- Produces self-extracting encrypted files.
- Sloth's Password Manager by Zemerick Software, Inc.
- A password manager for Windows.
- SQL 2000 DBA Toolkit
- A free toolkit with encryption and decryption XPs and key management.
- SSH Tectia
- Managed file transfer software for Windows, Linux, Solaris, IBM z/OS, and AIX.
- StreamSec Tools
- A a collection of security related components and routines for Delphi, Kylix and C++Builder.
- Free open-source disk encryption software, which can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk. It can also encrypt an entire hard disk partition or storage device such as USB memory stick. Provides two-level plausible deniability, in case the user is forced by an adversary to reveal the passphrase. Supported encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish, CAST-128, Serpent, Triple DES, Twofish, and cascades of these.
- Turbo Sim Toolkit Adapter by Bladox
- A mobile phone accessory bringing user applications and removable memory card capability to any GSM mobile phone.
- Twofish Encryption for Python by Enhanced Software Technologies
- An open-source module for Python.
- Twofish Encryption with Key Generator by Sublimated Software
- File encryption with Twofish. There is a free "lite" edition.
- An encryption and decryption wrapper for .NET applications.
See also the list of products that use Blowfish.
Schneier.com is a personal website. Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Co3 Systems, Inc.
A free monthly e-mail newsletter on security and security technology.
|Schneier on Security|
A blog covering security and security technology.